Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Back to the swamp!

I am quite excited to be back at the Shreve Migration Sensation on March 26th, 2011 in Shreve, Ohio!

I set up with my father-in-law Dick Beery two years ago, and we had a great day of meeting birders from the area, and getting a chance to talk about our passions.

I got to carve lots of bird stamps, and will be doing the same this year!  Dick (3 Oaks Enhancements) got to display his wonderful photography and he has even more bird photography to share this time around.  Dick won some of the photography contest categories last time around too.  We will be sharing a booth, so we will have a blast no doubt.

If you haven't heard me talk about Shreve Migration Sensation before, know this, it is a great day to watch birds, or people!  The fine people at Shreve Elementary school help to sponsor the day with many other outdoor organizations.  They have workshops, speakers, and experts set up at viewing areas all around the area.  The draw is migrating birds to the wetlands of Killbuck Marsh and nearby Funk Bottoms.  This year, Greg Miller, who was one of the birders featured in the book, "The Big Year" who will be played by Jack Black in the movie of the same name this year, will be the keynote speaker.

The only part of the day I don't like?  That I'm inside and not watching birds!  I'm sure Dick and I will sneak out on Sunday morning to see what we can see!

No comments: