Thursday, April 7, 2011

Review of Bears and Brews

First, I should start by saying that Bears and Brews was truly AMAZING!  It was held on April 1 at Crocus Clayworks in the wonderful Hungerford Building in Rochester, NY.  It was part of the First Friday series, an ongoing tradition of artist galleries and studios staying open late on the the first friday of the month for special exhibits and showing.  I was selected by the amazing potters known as Sabre, Jennifer, and Marie at Crocus Clayworks. 
I am taking a guess that we had over 200 people, but it was hard to count, since there was people coming and going the whole night.  I stayed busy talking to people and explaining how I make rubber stamps, and taking custom order inquiries.

Lucky for me my sisters Ellen and Angela,  from St. Lawrence Chocolates, and my wife Laura, were there to help pour beer, wash dishes, and keep the supply of goodies on the table!

We had beer from Custom Brewcrafters, Rohrbachs, and Rogers Pale Ale, as well as A&W Root Beer (which used to be made in part in the Hungerford in its earlier life).  Ellen and Angela made Guinness Truffles, and Maple Carmel Creams, and my mother-in-law Sandy made six dozen mini Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's frosting.  Needless to say, all the sweets were totally gone by the end of the night, and only a little beer was left over.



Big THANK YOU's to all my friends and family who attended.  It was a real special night and I really couldn't have pulled it off without everyone who helped me out!

(Photos by: Dick Beery)

No comments: